webinar RECORDING & RESOURCES: tHE POWER OF DATA IN MENTAL HEALTH
At 51%, doors remain the single biggest cause of ligature-based inpatient suicides in mental health (NCISH 2021). To solve this risk, many healthcare providers are adopting ligature alarms.
What isn't always clear is that the push-button style alarms that only cover the top of the door or the door edges present significant risks. They don't have a fail-safe built-in and include alarm blind spots.
This simply should not have to be the case for a device that's installed to help save lives and is resulting in the tragic and unavoidable loss of lives.
In this webinar recording, we present four key questions:
- Does your ligature alarm cover the entire door?
- Can it provide live status monitoring updates?
- Can it provide actionable clinical insights?
- Can it help inform clinical pathways?
Watch the webinar in full below:
Other useful resources
- View the DIMHN/BRE Testing Guidance for Products in Mental Health Facilities
- View the new NHS patient safety incident management system
- Reports referenced:
- Recordings of previous SHP webinars:
- How can the built environment better support clinicians in providing patient care? (with CNTW NHS and Cornwall Partnership NHS FT)
- Mental Health Spaces: A Patient Perspective (with Katharine Lazenby)
- Introducing New Technology in Mental Health (with P+HS Architects and Bradford NHS)
- Solving the biggest ligature risk in mental health (full-door ligature detection)
- Related articles:
- Products referenced:
- All staff training videos available here (select Staff Training Video in the 'Media type' dropdown)